November 10, 2008

How to sew homemade ballet slippers

Home-made ballet slippers

I've sewn these simple slippers for my daughter's dance classes. For this project I bought scrap leather, although an old bag or jacket can be used. I also needed cotton fabric for the lining and an elastic band to thread around the ankle. I followed the instructions at Sew-ing.com (I don't read Japanese, but could figure out from the pictures).

And here is my pattern for size 27-28, printable on A4. For the linen approximately 1 cm must be added along the inner side of the upper part (the section without the dashed line). You will need the extra to fold and stitch the linen to the leather top.

Ballet slippers. Pattern for sole Ballet slippers. Pattern for upper part

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The site's in Japanese. Though, thank you for this contribution. ;3

Inna D. said...

Thanks, fixed :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. It's just what I needed.

Inna D. said...

You are welcome :)

Anonymous said...

how much bigger would it have to be for a size 7 though? i have NO idea how to convert things or stuff like that..... :D

Inna D. said...

So far as I know size 7 is 13 cm in terms of length of the foot. I would try to scale and print the diagram according to the desired length. Alternatively, trace the foot of your child on a sheet of paper and add 1 cm around. Then roughly cut out the upper (paper too) and fit it right on the foot. Hope this helps.