Unfortunately, I'm not having much time for blogging these days, although I do have new pieces to show off. In the meanwhile, I'll try to do some cleaning up and writing overview posts, which I feel may help my readers to find what they need. Today's post is about quilled insects.
When I'm looking back at all those quilled designs I have created, I see that many of them feature insects of different kinds: butterflies, dragonflies, bugs, cockroaches, firebugs, ladybugs, moths, ants, grasshoppers, bees, bumblebees and spiders (well, the spiders are not exactly insects). They are simple and complex, were used for greeting cards, wall decorations, etc. I really hope that my quilling may give you the inspiration for designs of your own, so below you'll find the list of my works that include quilled insects:
Easy-to-make quilled insects
- Very simple butterflies, ladybugs, a snail, a spider and a grasshopper on Rosh Hashanah greeting cards.
- Simple quilled bee and butterfly on a Thank you card with iris flowers.
- Cute and easy-to-make cockroach: Quilled owl on a tree branch.
- Simple moth: Dandelions and raspberries.
Moderately difficult quilled insects
- Firebug on Quilled cyclamen flowers.
- Moth and butterfly on Quilled dog-rose.
- Moth, grasshopper, ladybug: Quilled dandelions and violets.
- Moth and ant: Quilled dandelions.
- Spider and dragonfly: Quilled dragonfly and lily flower.
- Another moth: Quilled thistles and moth.
- Bumble bees on flowers.
- Blue dragonfly on nuphar flowers
- Bee and praying mantis
- Kid's quilling - dragonfly
- Yelow butterfly Gonepteryx butterfly (brimestone).
- Quilled blue butterfly (Papilio ulysses).
- Quilled Monarch butterfly.
- Quilled moth on a flower in a fishbowl.
- Moth on Quilled flowers.
- Three-dimensional quilled spider.
- Quilled Swallowtail (Papilio machaon)
- 3D praying mantis
I wish you a joyous and fruitful quilling!