December 8, 2011

Cards for promoting quilling in Israel

I'm happy to share with my readers great news. First, I have begun teaching quilling workshops. I have also started a blog in Hebrew which is called הקסם של קווילינג ("The Magic of Quilling"). I really hope that the two facts will help promoting the art of quilling in my country.

And now I'd like to show two greeting cards I made for display. The brown one is a recessed window card. I already used this method for the blue Hanukkah card. I like greeting cards of this type very much. In the center I placed a simple flower arrangement made up of quilled flowers: the leaves were created using a quilling comb/onion holder and 1/8"-wide quilling strips; the yellow fringed flowers are made of 3/8"-wide and 24"-long strips (approx. 9 mm x 60 cm). For the flower center I used two strips, one yellow and the other beige, both measuring 3/8 x 12" (about 9 mm x 30 cm). Size of this card is 6 x 6" (15 x 15 cm).

The other card is a so-called "easel card" (here is a very detailed tutorial on how to create an easel card). I liked the pattern on a piece of scrapbooking paper I came across, and thought it would look beautiful with a large quilled flower on it if I tried to make the flower match the pattern. The petals are made of 1/8" strips, and the fringed center is made of a 3/8"-wide strip. Size of the pink greeting card is about 4 x 4" (10 x 10 cm).

29 comments:

Pritesh Dagur said...

Wonderful work Inna! I specifically like the 3D effect in the brown card! Bow to you! :)

Hussena said...

both your card are so beautiful...such lovely colors and the quilling is as always just perfect:)

Mihaela said...

Very beautiful cards!!! The first one is really gorgeous, so nice colors combination!!!

Sathya said...

Wow....Lovely quilling...Absolutely card....loved the recessed window card as well as easel.

BEARKIS said...

Good works,I like them! ! !

Nati said...

Beautiful cards!!!
Nati from Brazil
http://natiquill.blogspot.com

Nicoleta Ilie said...

like, like, like!!!

chillin with Quillin said...

there both really gorgeous, love the colors, specially the brown one, and the quilling is awsome!!!!
Paula

Baukje said...

wonderful and beautiful creations!
Greetings Baukje

Anonymous said...

wow.very beautiful :)

lulu_ma said...

lovely cards! and thanks for the tutorial link on easel card

Sarika Chowdhery Sharma said...

I just love your work!!!

Unknown said...

поздравляю с такими хорошими новостями! удачи во всех начинаниях.
открытки очень красивые!

k@rin said...

very beautiful cards

Szalonaisa's Wonderland - quilling cards said...

Amazing cards!! The flowers are gorgeous!

SUGANTHI said...

How perfect your work is Inna!! You have inspired so many surely you will make quilling popular in your country. I love both the flowers , the second one the best , your coils are perfect.

kalanirmitee said...

lovely cards!! Thanks for sharing the link for easel card..

Ag@t@ said...

Piękne !!!

Лариса Литвиненко said...

Инночка, прими и мои поздравления!!!
Открыточки - супер!!!!! Люблю твой квиллинг))))

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Lovely - I like the dimension of the petals pushed forward. Even your bow is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards.

Gail

Inna D. said...

Спасибо огромное за комплименты и с наступающими праздниками!

Thanks everybody so, so much and Merry Christmas!

Ula said...

I get exited every time I see your work. The leaves on the first card are so amazingly made. I`ve never seen such leaves before. Could you share the secret of making them? They look so simple and yet so curved at the same time. My best wishes.

Inna D. said...

Thank you, Ula! Please see this video on how to make leaves like this.

Ula said...

Thank you warmly.I`m going to try making them at once.

Rachelle said...

Wow, they're so beautiful! I especially love the easel card. I may have to check that tutorial out next time I make a card!

Inna D. said...

Thank you, Rachelle!

Unknown said...

I am blown off Inna. I have become a big fan of your's. Loved all the things u made. I am definetly gonna try my hands on quilling very soon.

Eagerly waiting for more posts from yuor side.

God bless
Prachi

Unknown said...

Olá! Aqui no Brasil, o quilling também não é muito conhecido. Sofro para encontrar materiais.
Você me inspirou a fazer algo nesse sentido.
Grata!