March 9, 2008

Floral greeting card with spiral flowers

Greeting card with flowers

I tried to make a greeting card with three-dimensional flowers. The techniques is described in detail in "Paper Crafts Workshop: A Beginner's Guide to Techniques & Projects". In short:

  1. Draw a swirl on coloured paper.
  2. Cut the paper following the swirl design with decorative scissors (waves of different types). Start cutting from the outside to the centre.
  3. Roll the swirl from the outside towards the centre around a thin round stick or using a quilling tool.
  4. Remove the stick and let the rolled paper free. It opens a little into a flower.
  5. Pull the centre (a small circle) of the swirl and glue it underneath.
  6. Cut out leaves, place them on a soft pad and gently press in veins.
Spiral

UPDATE: Don't miss the video tutorial on how to make such roses.

13 comments:

Ana Baird said...

Wow! It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

wow...i love ur blog..I use ur ideas for doing projects with my 4 yr old daughter...though I have more fun doing it...

Inna D. said...

I'm glad you find my blog useful. Thanks for the kind comment :)

priya said...

I did not get right words to praise your crafts.But really superb.

Inna D. said...

Thank you :)

Baukje said...

Hallo Inna
wat een mooie site en wat een mooie creaties
Schitterend!!!
Groetjes Baukje

Inna D. said...

Thank you, baukje!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Inna!!!Your works help me to create amazing thinks !!!! A.

Anonymous said...

I got this website through another blog and it is fantastic. I should be doing my homework but I have spent an hour looking through. I'm so adding this in my favourites box! Keep up the good work!

Alin said...

Thank you so much. Your blog is fantastic. I learned a lot of things especially in making my own quilling tools.

Inna D. said...

Thank you all very much!

natasha-zalata said...

Большое спасибо!!!! Всё потрясающе красиво!!!

Inna D. said...

Спасибо, Наташа!