Doll made of clothespins
This puppet is made out of wooden clothespins (clothes pegs). It looks funny, its arms and legs can move so that playing with it is fun. Making it is fun, too, you will need just three clothespins, two thin nails, a champagne cork, and paint for decorating.
- Take the clothespins apart to get six identical halves.
- Use two halves to make the body: glue them together as shown in the picture.
- Use the rest clothespins for the arms and legs.
- Attach the arms by driving a nail through them and the body.
- Attach the legs in the same manner. Help the kids hammering the nails and bend the nail tips over to prevent pricking.
- Make a head from the cork and glue it to the body.
- Let the children color the finished doll.