Floral greeting card with spiral flowers
I tried to make a greeting card with three-dimensional flowers. The techniques is described in detail in "Paper Crafts Workshop: A Beginner's Guide to Techniques & Projects". In short:
- Draw a swirl on coloured paper.
- Cut the paper following the swirl design with decorative scissors (waves of different types). Start cutting from the outside to the centre.
- Roll the swirl from the outside towards the centre around a thin round stick or using a quilling tool.
- Remove the stick and let the rolled paper free. It opens a little into a flower.
- Pull the centre (a small circle) of the swirl and glue it underneath.
- Cut out leaves, place them on a soft pad and gently press in veins.
UPDATE: Don't miss the video tutorial on how to make such roses.