I made this spider cake for one of my kid's birthdays. I thought I'd post it before Halloween, for my readers who celebrate this holiday.
By the way, spiders are amazing creatures in my opinion. I don't think there are many people who like spiders, but there's no reason to be afraid of them, either.
So, if you're not scared, you will need a round sponge cake, marzipan, vanilla cream, and cocoa powder or melted chocolate.
- Prepare some brown cream by mixing some chocolate into vanilla cream.
- Spread white vanilla cream over the cake, then paint the cobweb with the brown cream you've made.
- Shape the spider's body, head and legs from marzipan: two large balls, two small balls (for the eyes), and 8 short ropes.
- Place the spider into the center of the cake.
- Use some brown cream to decorate the spider: mark the eyes and give a brownish tint to the body.
That's it, nothing particularly difficult, as you can see. My children had fun tearing off and eating its legs, fortunately it was only a cake :)
Other "spider" ideas: