This flower arrangement in shades of orange was inspired by the flowers of lily, mum (Chrysanthemum), rose, pot marigold (Calendula) and flame vine (Pyrostegia/Bignonia Venusta).
I should mention that although I had made a sketch for this composition and prepared the quilled flowers, I experienced difficulties assembling it. Usually I add an insect to each of my flower arrangements. For this project I wanted to create an orange colored butterfly, but then decided to make a small bird instead.
So, here's my little sunbird made of narrow, 1/16"-wide (1.5 mm) paper strips.
The petals of the chrysanthemum flowers were made in the following way: first, I made "eye" shapes using 1/8-inch paper strips (3 mm), and then cut each in half lengthwise. The rose petals I made of a special Korean paper which resembles crepe paper. This is my first attempt at using this paper type and I'm very pleased with the result. For the flame vine flowers I created paper cones, and then attached to each either petals, stamens and carpels (for an open flower), or a semi-sphere (for a bud).
Size of the finished picture is 9x9 inches (23x23 cm).