Make a bracelet from folded paper strips
Children love these bracelets made from paper strips. The idea isn't new, I made origami bracelets from candy wrappers when I was a child. I'm writing this tutorial for myself too, because I not always remember how to make these paper bracelets, although one day I had to make 35 of them. Well, let's start...
1. You will need coloured paper, a ruler, a pencil, scissors or crafts knife. Cut strips of 3x12 cm. For a child's arm you will need about 18 strips for one bracelet. By the way, you can use smaller strips with ratio 1:4, but you will need more of those, accordingly.
2. Fold a strip along its long axis and then along its short axis.
3. Pass a folded strip through another one to form a T. Make one shoulder shorter than the other, it forms a loop. The length of this loop must be a bit longer then the width of a folded strip.
4. Fold the ends of the inner strip outwards and down to form a right angle.
5. Then fold them again so that they aligned with the outer strip.
6. Don't forget to do the same on the other side. Secure both ends with a cloths-peg.
7. Now take another strip and put it through the loop you've made in step 3. You'll get another loop.
8. Fold the ends of this new strip outwards at a right angle...
9. And upwards so that they align with the previous strip.
10. Carefully tuck the ends under the previous strip. Got it? Good!
11. Get another strip through the loop and make another loop.
12. Repeat steps 8 through 10.
13. And so on until the bracelet is long enough.
14. Now pass the ends of the first strip through the last loop.
15. Fold them outwards.
16. Fold them at a right angle, then fold again along the last section.
17. Tuck the ends. Voila! The bracelet is ready.
It's a good craft to kids
Thank you for stopping by.
They were actually pretty cool bracelets, made of silver foil wrappers, or Wrigglies Chewing gum.
Maybe I'll start saving my gum wrappers and revisit childhood! Thanks for posting how to do this project.
Nobody believed it's made of paper :) here's a pic of several I did
thx for your amazing post :D
Contact me here if you have a concern.
I like your blog, full amazing ideas.
Thanks for your sharing ideas.
I have posted a pingback to your page on my site as a substitute for real charm bracelets for daughters, nieces, grand daughters etc until they are old enough. I hope you will find it acceptable.
Thank you! Great!!!