April 25, 2024

Passiflora - Quilling and Paper sculpture

Passiflora or passionflower is a fast-growing perennial vine with climbing or trailing stems and large, intricate flowers. Passiflora grows in Israel, and it's blooming right now, so I can admire its flowers personally.

I love passiflora and made these flowers in quilling technique several times. Today I will show you the latest one.

For this project I used quilling for the flower and paper sculpture for the leaves. The butterfly and the bud combine both of these techniques. The passion flowers have a unique structure - аs always, I studied the structure before starting work. The petals and the sepals of the flower I made out of white 1/8" (3 mm) wide paper strips using an onion holder - my preferred method for this part. The purple corona filaments I made out of 3/8" (9 mm) purple, white and violet paper strips glued lengthwise next to each other, and used the fringed flower technique.

To cut the leaves, as well as the very gentle butterfly wings, I found a Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Machine very suitable.

The size of the picture is 9" x 9" (23 x 23cm).

No comments: