January 31, 2010

Lion: 3D quilling project with step-by-step instructions

3D quilled lion

This image is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

I'm inviting you to download complete instructions for making a quilled lion (2.5 MB).

I've created this cute three-dimensional lion about 8 months ago, but only recently have had enough time to prepare an instructional PDF for this project. It teaches some basic techniques for three-dimensional quilling, so that you'll be able to create new original designs of your own. Feel free to distribute this tutorial as long as it's delivered in the PDF file and remains unchanged. It's also absolutely free of charge, and you're not allowed to sell it in any way. Please, don't copy the file link, since it may change. Instead, link to this post or upload the file to another location.

3D quilled lion tutorial, sample page

Usually I try to share projects that doesn't require any special tools or materials, and this one isn't an exception. So, don't worry if you don't have quilling paper or a slotted tool. I do recommend learning the quilling basics if you're new to quilling though. You might also want to take a look at my post about the paper I use for quilling. Hope you and your kids will have fun making your lion! As always, feel free to ask questions via comments (no registration required). Enjoy! And notice the dedication :)

By the way, if you're looking for a good book on three-dimensional quilling, check out the one I learned from — Three-Dimensional Quilling: Making Characters (Quilling series).

23 comments:

BIKY said...

so beautiful !!

Ann @allthingspaper said...

You've done it again, Inna - really clever!

Unknown said...

He's adorable, Inna! I had some trouble posting to your blog last week, but am so glad you got the issue with the Russian book straightened out.
Pat

Sonya said...

Inna, LOVE IT as always!!!! I wish we could quill together! You are so generous to share your tutorials, and I know the amount of work that goes into them. Thanks, I'll post a link on my next post! I am subscribed but Blogger doesn't always send me email alerts :( so I miss some of your posts. Oh well, I guess it gives me more to explore!

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

This is quite darling! I'm so glad I found your blog to follow. It takes a very creative mind to see things in basic shapes for building blocks and come out with something so well formed!

Thanks for sharing!

creativenimi said...

Congratulations Inna. Please accept our Heartiest congratulations for winning Sunshine Blog Award. We love your quilling creations and are very inspired. We wish you all the best. http://craftideasforall.blogspot.com

CathQuillScrap said...

Thanks so much for this pdf... he is such a cute lion... and seeing as I'm in South Africa I will just HAVE to make him... hehehe.

Helen said...

Thanks for the pdf file.

I have something for you on my blog.

Inna D. said...

Thanks a lot everybody!

Creativenimi, Helen, thanks for the awards, I'm so honored and grateful! I've been just too busy to respond :(

Liza Arie said...

Инночка, просто фантастика-так красиво! И самое главное, что ты делишься своим умением и талантом со всеми окружающими!
По-моему тебе уже самой пора книжки выпускать!
Спасибо тебе!

Inna D. said...

Лиза, спасибо большое!

Manasa said...

Hi ,
I absolutely love my work and ur like a mentor to me.I wanted to thank you for the same and have mentioned about the same on my blog :http://manasa-xpressions.blogspot.com.
Please visit the same :) Thanks Inna

neli said...

Your blog let me speachless.
Really wonderfull work.
i am waiting for your next project!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inna D. said...

Manasa, Neli! Thanks a lot for the kind comments!

PATRICIA said...

My name is Patricia, key Sao Paulo Brazil, I loved the lion 'on your PAP, thank you for sharing....kisses

Swetha said...

can you please explain me as to how to make a rose
(3D & 2D)by quilling and also the different techniques involved in quilling.

Inna D. said...

Swetha, please look at Quilling tips, patterns, and tutorials and the table of contents.

arsyadvilla said...

hi inna. your blog here is a beatiful blog especially the quiling. it's inpiring me. greeting from indonesia

Inna D. said...

Thank you!

Garima said...

Hey thanx a lot... you have been a great inspiration...

Inna D. said...

Thanks, Garima!

Shreea said...

this is so damn cute!! will surely try this for myself.. i've been following your posts lately.. they are so beautiful.. thankyou..keep up with the good job :)

Brenda Shreves said...

Adorable ! Thank you for sharing.