June 6, 2010

Purple card with quilled flower and punches

Purple card with quilled flower

I created this simple purple card for this week's CPS Sketch challenge, #170. I've been following their blog for a long time, but this is the first time I participate :) Colored paper of various tints of purple and white watercolor paper were used for it. The quilled flower has been made using 1/8"-wide (3mm) hand-cut paper strips. I also used patterned scissors and punches to decorate the card. Size: 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (11.5 x 11.5 cm).

I think most of my regular readers aren't new to paper quilling, but if you are, you may want to learn how to make a quilled flower embellishment for your greeting card. I have many quilling tutorials on this blog, the basic instruction can be found in Getting started with paper quilling.

The sketch

17 comments:

Breath said...

Инна, великолепная работа! Так аккуратно сделано, полное впечатление, что прямоугольная рамочка - вырубная. И цветовое решение очень интересное.

Unknown said...

Инна, какие нежные цвета! Прелесть!

Te4eto said...

Очень красиво! Я не сомневалась в ваше мастерство...

Inna D. said...

Девочки, всем большое спасибо!

Regina Folla said...

Simple and beautiful!

Yone said...

Hi, Inna,
I'm now a follower of you blog ! I'm fan of your quilling projects ! Greetings from Brazil, Yone

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! Love the quilled flower! Thanks for using CPS 170 this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Inna D. said...

Regina, Yone, Lea, thank you very much!

craftlicious said...

very simple yet stunning

Erika H. said...

OH this is so lovely! The colors are gorgeous!

Inna D. said...

craftlicious, Erika, thanks a lot!

Regina said...

Inna!!! What a wonderful idea!!! I love the elegance of your card. I think that the most beautiful on your designs are the beauty of all your quilling formats. I wish every quiller could see your work and have inspiration for their work.
Have a wonderful week and thanks a lot for your comments on my log.
Hugs
Regina

Inna D. said...

Thank you very much, Regina!

Ana Baird said...

very pretty Inna!

Inna D. said...

Thank you, Ana!

Anonymous said...

This is just so beautiful. I've just found your blog and I think it's one of the best and most useful blogs on the web. Thank you so much for your work and for inspiring so many people. Greetings from Poland.
Teresa

Inna D. said...

Thank you very much for your kind comment, Teresa!