May 20, 2009

DIY: Make a storage organizer from old boxes and wrapping paper

Organizer

For a long time I used to keep all my quilling tools and paper in chocolate boxes, as you probably noticed :) I had to do something about it, so I built this storage organizer. It's made from cartons and pieces of cardboard and covered with gift wrapping paper. The knobs are from plastic bottle caps and copper wire. Great! Now I have everything I need: two large drawers for paper sheets and strips, two smaller ones for tools, and three "cups" for pens, scissors, glue, etc. It's so convenient and lightweight that I can move it around easily.

Drawer knob

I'm very happy with my new organizer and would recommend everybody who needs one to make it themselves. You can save a few pence in out tough times, get exactly what you need, and also go at least a little greener.

11 comments:

Esther said...

Good work Inna!!! using bottle caps as knob is a good idea.. I'm just wondering how the drawers r standing inside the organizer?

Inna D. said...

Thank you! That's pretty straightforward: every drawer has its own slot, and lyes on a shelf (kind of). Click the first photo, you will see this. Due to their small weight, I have no problem pulling the drawers out.

Swarna V said...

i liked the idea.. so will u tell in detail how u cut the cardboard? then, it will be easy for us too to create a same one.

Inna D. said...

I think I already explained everything you need to know to make it. Please read also the previous comment.
It's just an idea, your organized will depend on what boxed you have, so try to figure out the best way for you to cut them.

demy said...

hey inna i want it a bit MORE EXPLANATION SO CAN YOU EXPLAIN IT TO ME all the process

Inna D. said...

Hi Demy,
Please read the comments above, they might be helpful. In this post I just wanted to show the possibility of building a homemade organizer. Unfortunately, I don't have time for making a detailed step-by-step.

priya's gallery said...

wow it is really wonderful. what an idea , you r so great.

Akrati said...

its really a gr8 idea n an awesum wrk...:)) i tried it..bt nt able 2 make it pratically...:( ill b highly obliged if u post d steps 4 makng dis,,:)) thanku..:)

anitha -karkala said...

Hey anna , please explain to us how to make this box ? really fentastic idea and beautiful.
wonderful .



thanks,

anitha -karkala

Inna D. said...

Dear readers, you can find some tutorials (in Russian) for similar organizers here and here.

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome next time you should definitely post tutorial... and those links were extremely useful......... thank you