I made this composition using the same technique as for the floral card, but this time on a CD. Just to remind you how to make the spiral roses:
- Draw a spiral on a square piece of colored paper.
- Cut the spiral out following the lines, I recommend using pattern-edged scissors for this. When cutting, go from the outer edge and to the centre.
- Roll the spiral around a thin stick or a quilling tool. Start rolling from the outside towards the centre.
- Free the rolled spiral and let it open up a little.
- Pull the small circle in the center of the spiral and glue it down underneath the flower. Apply the glue generously.
- Cut out paper leaves.
- Make the leave look more natural by by putting them on a soft pad and gently pressing in veins.
- Mount the leaves and flowers onto a discarded CD or DVD.
Now you can hang the CD on a wall (putting a nail head or string through the hole) to make a nice wall decoration.
Check out my YouTube video for clear step-by-step instructions: How to make a spiral paper rose.
You might also like my tutorial on making paper leaves with veins.