Do you buy every toy you child wants to play with? Even if you know it won't last long? I don't think so. I'll show you how to make Captain Hook's hook in 5 minutes, if your kids are playing pirates.
- You will need a disposable cup, preferably a paper one.
- You will need also a piece of cardboard, for example a used box.
- Fold the cardboard in two and cut a hook out of it.
- Glue the two halves of the hook together, leaving approx. 2 cm (3/4 inch) unglued at its bottom end.
- Fold those unglued ends outward, you will glue them to the cup later on.
- Wrap the hook in aluminum kitchen foil and attach it to the cup, gluing the flaps you made in the previous step to its bottom.
- Make holes in the cup for better ventilation. Let's play now!
- You may also paint the cup according to your (i.e. your child's) taste.