Stalk: For the stalk I cut 10 strips about 5 mm (3/16 inch) and 29.7 cm (or 11 inches) long, out of white A4/Letter printer paper. Then with the help of my children I joined these strips into a continuous long strip of about 3 m (10 feet), rolled it on a toothpick, glued the tip and pulled the toothpick out. Then I pressed into the center of the disk with my finger to form a cone shape, and coated it with glue inside.
Cap: For the cap I used about 20 red strips 5 mm (3/16 inch) and 29.7 cm (or 11 inches), as I did for the stalk. We joined them into a long strip, rolled it and then I shaped the roll into a dome shape. Coated with glue inside the shape.
Finishing: Then we attached the cap to the stalk and make a ring from a wide (1 cm or 1/2 inch) and short (5 cm or 2 inches) strip cut to make a fringe. I made a few quilled "eyes" for grass and let the kids attach them to the mushroom's stalk. The white dots were the most difficult part; I rolled them using very narrow and short white strips (1 mm or 1/32 inch wide, and 2-3 cm or 1 inch long) and carefully glued to the cap using tweezers.