February 20, 2009

Miniature flower pots

Flower pots (quilling)

We love spending time in nature, especially these days, when Israel is blossoming: you can see cyclamens, dandelions, anemones, tulips, daisies, and many other flowers. I just couldn't help quilling flowers, and here they are, my tiny flower pots.

The dandelion came first. It was made using the fringed flower technique.

Dandelion in pot (quilling)

A rose followed it (how to fold a rose)...

Rose in pot (quilling)

And a violet...

Violet in pot (quilling)

And then an aster (it's a double fringed flower).

Aster in pot (quilling)

Next day I made also a tulip.

Tulip in pot (quilling)

How to make:

Make the dandelion like a simple fringed flower, except that you have to roll it right onto a toothpick and leave it that way. Roll 5-6 strips onto the other end of the toothpick and shape it into a pot. Coat inside the pot with glue to retain its shape. Then paint the toothpick stem green, cut out and attach leaves, draw veins if needed. The same method can be used for any other flower. You may wrap a green strip around the toothpick instead of painting it green.

I used some basic quilling shapes for the leaves in most cases, as well as for the petals of the tulip and violet. The other flower heads were made with various quilling techniques as mentioned above. The flowers are between 4.5 and 6.5 cm (1 3/8 and 2 5/8 inches) high, you can see a one-cent coin in the picture for comparison.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing these great art
I really love this

mE said...

WOW!!!!!

Absolutely STUNNING! Thank you for sharing these flowers!

Inky Smiles!
Erin

Inna D. said...

Thank you both very much!

BIKY said...

WONDERFUL!!

Sonya said...

Inna, your quilling is exquisite! Your quills are flawlessly perfect and a great example for those who are just starting out (or even the experienced) for what quilling should look like!

Inna D. said...

Thanks for the kind comment, Sonya! I still have a lot to learn to perfect my quilling.

பட்டுப்பூச்சி said...

hello im fully impressed and moved by ur blog.. but i have a small doubt as well.. does ur pot stand the way as it is shown in ur blog.. I had a doubt.. if it'll fall without being able to bear the weight of the flower/leaves.. Do we need to stick it to the base :(

Inna D. said...

If it couldn't stand this way, I would definitely write so. The pot should be wide enough, look also here: Quilled rose.

Unknown said...

Amazing, How Do U Do 'em
:)

Inna D. said...

Thank you, Yesha :)))

John said...

I thought you made the tulip leaf with husking technique but it seems wrong. Could you tell me how you made it? Thanks :D

Inna D. said...

Hi John, the tulip leaf is a simple quilled "eye". You can see its upper part, the other end inserted into the pot. Hope this helps.

john said...

By the way, how do you make the aster flower? It seems you haven't explained about that. Thanks :D

john said...

thank you for your immediate reply. It's very kind of you ^_^

Inna D. said...

@john
Updated the post with links. Please look also here and here (instead of the previous comment with an incorrect link).

Unknown said...

Hi Inna..I like uour quilling...Can u tell me how to make flower pots...I am trying to do 1...but i want to know exact method...

Inna D. said...

@Praj
Thank you!
First I make a flat bottom by gluing together three or four strips and rolling them up around a toothpick. Then I coat one side of this disk with glue and let it dry. To build the sidewalls I roll several strips around the bottom, shifting them up a little as I go. Finally, I coat the inside with glue.

Yuenie said...

dear inna, thank you for the tips! it's so difficult to find tutorials for 3d quilling online. thank you so, so much!

Inna D. said...

You're welcome, Yuenie!

Yuenie said...

Hello! Just thought I'd let you know that I made my own miniature flower pots for a blog hop some time ago, and your name's in it! =)

http://yueniesfancies.blogspot.com/2011/01/life-is-sweet-blog-hop.html#comments

Yuenie.

Sudhaa said...

Hello i love your work. I truly go crazy about these stuffs that u put up in your blog.Can u just put up a detailed tutorial on how to quill the flower pot

Inna D. said...

Thank you Sudhaa! I'm really sorry, but I cannot write a tutorial right now. Please read my response to Praj a couple comments above where I explained the method. You might want also to check this video by Quilled Creations. I hope this helps.

Unknown said...

HI Inna,


Your quilling work is sooo awesome,beautiful and excellent.MILLION THNKS TO YOU ......


I wonder,how a little piece of colour paper turns into a beautiful art.....

Once again ,Thanks a lot for sharing.

Inna D. said...

Thank you, Shanmukha!

MERCEDES DIAZ said...

MUY BONITAS LAS FLORES,,,,,, GRACIAS POR COMPARTIR SUS CONOCIMIENTOS... ABRAZOS DE MERCY

Inna D. said...

Thanks a lot!

chaami said...

Thank you for sharing

chaami said...

Thank you for sharing.
I really love this