February 19, 2009

Three-dimensional quilling toadstool

Mushroom. Three-dimensional quilling

Stalk: For the stalk I cut 10 strips about 5 mm (3/16 inch) and 29.7 cm (or 11 inches) long, out of white A4/Letter printer paper. Then with the help of my children I joined these strips into a continuous long strip of about 3 m (10 feet), rolled it on a toothpick, glued the tip and pulled the toothpick out. Then I pressed into the center of the disk with my finger to form a cone shape, and coated it with glue inside.

Cap: For the cap I used about 20 red strips 5 mm (3/16 inch) and 29.7 cm (or 11 inches), as I did for the stalk. We joined them into a long strip, rolled it and then I shaped the roll into a dome shape. Coated with glue inside the shape.

Finishing: Then we attached the cap to the stalk and make a ring from a wide (1 cm or 1/2 inch) and short (5 cm or 2 inches) strip cut to make a fringe. I made a few quilled "eyes" for grass and let the kids attach them to the mushroom's stalk. The white dots were the most difficult part; I rolled them using very narrow and short white strips (1 mm or 1/32 inch wide, and 2-3 cm or 1 inch long) and carefully glued to the cap using tweezers.

4 comments:

Esther said...

Wow!!! I love it.. First time in your blog and All your crafts are very creative.

Inna D. said...

Thank you very much!

firdhauzzz said...

its all beautiful... very creative...

Inna D. said...

Thank you.